Mark Your Calendars NOW!
Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:30 am at LakeWatch Plantation.
Check out the RACE HIGHLIGHTS page for photos from the 2011 event!
Johnny Nolen is the Director for this event
If you are interested in volunteering for this event please contact him at email@example.com
or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wanna See the Course? Watch the racing course video!! (click on racing course video)
- The start of the race/walk will begin where LakeWatch Drive intersects with FirstWatch Drive and continues downhill to a left on LakeWatch Circle (walkers will turn around at the cone in the street).
- Runners will continue on with a turnaround in the cul-de-sac and back with a left at the intersection (still referred to as LakeWatch Circle) to a right turn on WatchTower Drive to a left on State Route 951 to the cul-de-sac and return back to LakeWatch Circle.
- Walkers will go to the left on FirstWatch Drive to the finish line.
- Runners will continue on to the cul-de-sac a second time and back to a right on FirstWatch Drive to the finish line.
- Walkers will line up behind the runners and start at the same time before the 8:30 am start time.
- The course starts with a downhill for a .6 miles and the runners will have a .15 mile hill going to the cul-de-sac on LakeWatch Circle, which will be done twice this year due to roads being under construction.
- The rest of the course is typical for the area with rolling terrain, minor hills being offset by down hills.
- Be mindful that State Route 951 will be open to traffic. LakeWatch Plantation residents will be notified of the race but please be watchful as they have access throughout the subdivision.
- Runners and walkers will be on the course at the same time.
- Please be aware that participants walking or running are competing for a time goal.
- Please be considerate and do not block the running and walking lanes.